You’ll need :
- 1 cup cocoa or carob powder. Cacao for adults, not for kids. It is a stimulant!
- 1 cup cold-pressed coconut oil.
- Raw honey to taste (the supermarket stuff is processed and sugarised…)
Don’t forget! Any add-ins your heart desires – organic orange zest (avoid grating chemicals into your lovely chocolate!), peppermint essential oil, pepitas, goji berries, organic dessicated coconut, organic cinnamon, chia…. My best yet ‘add in’ is tahini. It makes the chocolate feel creamy and nutty at the same time.
I have to say, a Thermomix does work great for this (directions further below). But otherwise a saucepan and blender is great too. No microwaves please – any goodness will be zapped away…
Let’s get to it…
- Melt coconut oil if needed.
- Add coconut oil, cacao and honey to blender.
- Blend to ensure the honey is distributed evenly. If you let it stand, be sure to mix again to distribute the honey, as it will settle.
- Pour into moulds or a tray lined with grease-proof paper.
- Set in fridge or freezer.
- Eat and reap the benefits of coconut oil (antimicrobial, antibacterial, eases constipation, to name a few benefits) and cacao (magnesium, iron, zinc, antioxidants..)!!!
Thermomix – add ingredients to bowl. Warm 37deg – 2mins – SP2. Check the mixture is runny. Blend SP5 – 3secs to distribute honey.
Note: The chocolate will begin to melt fairly quickly once taken out of the fridge or freezer. You can experiment by adding some cacao butter in place of coconut oil to achieve a chocolate that doesn’t melt as easily. Another delightful chocolate!
If you want a completely fructose-free treat, I’d suggest just carob powder with coconut oil. The carob powder has slightly more sweetness to it than cocoa 🙂
I am Heidi Hosking.
I am an Intuitive Guide to mothers of ‘the New Children’ and creator of the Mother-Child Healing Approach.
I guide you to truly heal yourself, raise your vibrations and embody your Warrior Mother – so you can hold space and use your clarity, energy, voice, power and love to guide your child to heal with more ease.
Some have called me the Truth Seeking Mum. I feel that I am a Voice for the New Children.
I am prepared to look at the stuff that most of society sweeps under the rug. All of the hidden truths that are limiting our children’s true potential.