Well friend, I have a question. Is your child the most vibrant version of themselves? Or is there something in the way? Like the lethargy, the eczema, the asthma, the snot, the runny poos, the mega meltdowns, the fussiness? Today I’m going to run you through how to create a vision of your vibrant child. And some tips on how to make that come true.
Now I know, I know it is not an easy thing to admit that your child is not so ‘well’. But it is also an empowering idea to even contemplate how you could help your child to become an even better version of themselves, don’t you think? And as their parent, you know your child the best. And you probably have a good idea of what it is, that your child needs next. Trust that intuition!
After all, I can almost guarantee you, no one else will do this for your child. As mums, we have amazing power to connect with our child and to hold them in their highest regard. I honour you for taking the time to read and give this a go.
Over the years, I’ve had the temptation of taking many shortcuts in parenting or just leaving my childrens’ not-so-healthy symptoms in the ‘too hard’ basket. I could have given my son the bottle to give myself more sleep at night, I could have left him as an ‘itchy, eczema’ child, I could have gotten an Asperger’s and ADHD diagnosis, along with some medication and oh the list goes on!
There have been shortcuts I have taken, mostly as I knew it was too much for me to take on at the time and I honour you as a parent too, if you have taken any. Let’s say my ‘no guilt’ oath together!
The No Guilt oath
“I did the best I could with what I knew at the time. I can do better, when I know better. “
This means, that you do not have to hold any guilt for the parenting you have done until this day. You have done the best you could with what you knew and you should be nothing but proud!
So let’s get to it!
Get yourself somewhere comfortable and preferably alone. You will need a notepad and pen and you are even allowed to sit with your favourite candle or anything else that makes you feel relaxed!
- Take five minutes right now to close your eyes and picture your child in their most vibrant form. What are they doing? What do they look like? How do they feel?
- How do YOU feel when you see them like this? Do you feel excited and inspired? Do you feel sad or even angry, confused, overwhelmed, guilty, exhausted, that they are not like this now? Acknowledge all of your feelings. It is, of course, very natural to feel that way. Breathe and let the feelings come up….and release them out. [You can go a step further and write out anything that is coming up for you, have a good cry or any other way that you feel to release the yuck feelings. I certainly have on more than one occasion!].
- Go back to your child’s most vibrant vision. What is it that is different to how they are now? Is it something in their physical appearance? Is it something about their health and probably their insides? Is it something about their mental and emotional wellbeing that is different? Anything else? It is VERY important to write all of this down while you have it in your mind. It will be important to go back to. So go ahead, what are the differences?
- This is where it is important to connect with your desire and inspiration to take a stand for your child’s health. On a scale of 1-10, how motivated are you to make some changes, to help your child reach for that most vibrant state? Write it down.
- Right now, can you list off any steps to improve your child’s health and vibrancy? Don’t worry about how big the task is, this is just brainstorming. You have most of the answers inside you! Well at least the beginning steps.
- From all of these ideas, which one is the easiest and most-likely-to-be successful? By that I mean, cutting out sugar might be the most likely to be successful, but it might seem like exhausting work right now. But possibly you know that you need to have more time for your child. And possibly that is the easiest AND most-likely-to-be successful as you know you have the time and resources to do it. So pick that one!
Just get the ball rolling by taking a small step forward. It is amazing how good you can feel by taking one small step forward, than none at all.
MAKING IT COME TRUE
So now you have set an ‘intention’ to help your child become more vibrant and have planned one step towards getting there. Set the wheels in motion by telling someone or taking some type of action towards that step. By doing this, you are 1000% more likely to actually get there than by doing nothing at all. GOOD FOR YOU! And remember to feel how WONDERFUL it will be when you do get there (you will!).
I have just one important thing for you to remember, my friend. Don’t lose yourself in stress and overwhelm trying to get there. This will be the balance of helping your child and keeping your health too.
Let’s say my No Overwhelm oath together for good measure. It is so important to keep things manageable for yourself, particularly if you have any perfectionist tendencies.
“I will take the next best steps that are right for my family. Any feelings of overwhelm mean I am biting off too much… at this time.”
Be sure to regularly come back to what you have written today, okay? Keep your motivation and vision strong. You are a dedicated parent! And keep taking the next easiest and most-likely-to-be successful goal. Before you know it, you will be so amazed and proud of what you have helped your child to become. And they will certainly thank you, at least one day!
If you need help, I am but a phone call away!
Sometimes, it is still QUITE overwhelming, thinking and wondering about all of the steps you could take and how to get started. Let alone feeling supported in what you are doing.
Let’s talk and see where you’re at! I would love to help you.
Just put your details in below and I will contact you to organise a FREE Clear Path to Vibrant Children phone session.
- become crystal clear on what exactly is the issue(s) for your child
- understand your different options on the steps you can take to creating a more vibrant child
- leave empowered and motivated to know how to take a stand for your child’s health and help them reach for the stars
Take a stand for your child’s health and make contact today!
In love and support
Register for my Clear Path to Vibrant Children session
Hello wonderful friend!
I am honoured to have you here, reading my posts. Take a look around and by all means, if you’d like to know more about me and how we might have similar journeys, take a look here.
In love and support