[2.5 years +] Does your child know what a ‘dream’ is? The ones at night, that is. It’s about 3 years old your child develops the imagination to have them but what a strange thing to have happen if no one has ever told you about them.
Here are some things you could mention:
– dreams are ways for your brain to think about things that have happened in the day or get ready for something that might happen
– your brain makes up stories about this called dreams
– they might be fun and you wish they wouldn’t end
– they might be strange and you wonder why your brain thought up that story
– they might be a bit scary but as soon as you’ve opened your eyes, you’ve pushed ‘stop’
– always feel free to come and tell me about them!
And because you don’t know exactly when your child will start to dream, why not get in early to prepare them, say from 2.5. You’ll just need to use words like ‘head’ or ‘body’ instead of ‘brain’. Or teach them about what a brain is at the same time!