Sensitive New Age Children
From my years of work with many ‘sensitive new age children’, I have found some common links.
My Sensitive New Age Children Quadrant below shows where your child might fit in amongst all of this. And often, families will have more than one Sensitive New Age Child. This can help parents to make sense of what is going on for their child.
The Sensitive New Age Child might have the following sensitivities :
- Dabrowski’s Overexcitabilities. Check out more about your child’s sensitivities with this list of ‘overexcitabilities’ from Dabrowski.
- Emotional reactivity. Sensitive children may hold onto emotions which can end up affecting them physically. This may be childhood health issues or food sensitivities.
- Food sensitivities. Children may present with food (and even chemical) allergies or intolerances and most often both.
- Childhood health issues. Food sensitivities (and/or emotional reactivity) can manifest as skin, behavioural, digestive and sleep issues. Or low immunity. More about those issues here.
- Fussy eating. Sensitive children may struggle with the sensory properties of food. They may also seem fussy due to their intuition telling them to avoid foods they are reacting to.
Many families are lost, confused and overwhelmed, trying to do the best for their Sensitive New Age Child. They have some ideas of what is going on and how to help their child, but often they need support to tie this altogether. I am here to tell you, not only can you feel confident in helping your child to manage life well but you can also create your vibrant child and help them to reach for the stars!
Hello wonderful friend!
I am honoured to have you here, reading my posts. Take a look around and by all means, if you’d like to know more about me and how we might have similar journeys, take a look here.
In love and support